Dealer Tire is a family business that was founded in 1999 by the owners of the former Mueller Tire & Brake, a Cleveland-based retail chain founded in 1918. Dealer Tire manages replacement tire and parts programs for more than 20 automotive OEMs in the U.S. and China. It serves more than 10,000 automotive dealerships from over 40 distribution centers across the U.S.
Dealer Tire’s sustainability vision reflects the guiding values they have held since their founding over 100 years ago. Their philosophy of “do unto others” applies equally when they consider the environment, equity, inclusion, and governance. They strive for constant improvement in creating a fair and inclusive workplace, careful stewardship of resources, thoughtful and constructive engagement with all of their communities, innovating new solutions that support all of these goals, and holding themselves to the highest standards of accountability and governance.
Select ESG Highlights:
- Serving their Customers for the Common Good: Tires are one of the most important pieces of safety equipment for any driver, Dealer Tire regularly engages with all tire manufacturers and OEMs to ensure products are safe and compliant. Dealer Tire started a Target Zero program, a strategic initiative to reduce major safety incidents.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Dealer Tire believes it is stronger with a diverse, inclusive team that reflects its diverse and vibrant community. As of 2019 through 2021, Dealer Tire is a signatory of the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s Equity & Inclusion Leadership Commitment, pledging to increase diversity in the organization and to create an inclusive work environment for employees.
- In 2021, Dealer Tire launched the interactive guide for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion which will allow all associates to explore metrics as a company and topics of relevance to the company’s DEI goals as well as participate in Dealer Tires’ DEI Journey.
- Environmental Sustainability: The Dealer Tire website helps customers choose eco-friendly products, which are clearly labeled during the purchase process. Dealer Tire has implemented programs to reduce its carbon footprint, limit energy and water usage, divert material from landfills, and expand recycling efforts.
- Since 2019, Dealer Tire’s paper-saving initiative at the headquarters location has resulted in savings of 1500 reams of paper annually, or the equivalent of 56 acres of pine forest absorbing carbon for a year.
- Dealer Tire was named a Top Workplace award winner in Northeast Ohio from 2016 through 2022.